Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Laziness...Or is it lack of interest?

Blogs had always invoked a special interest and enthusiasm in me. The idea of being able to collect your thoughts and put them out there for all to appreciate and reject, seemed to be the best way to improve my understanding of the world and to gain some perspective on the range of thoughts out there. I had been suggested by many, my own conscience included, to put down my thoughts on the net since they were either raw and mindless or thought-provocative and meticulous.

But, the major factor that had been hampering this long term wish had been LAZINESS...or so I thought!!
Trust me, I did not come to this conclusion in a hurry. I am known amongst my friends and family to be very intelligent, caring, and ... GOD FORBID LAZINESS!! I would rather be hungry and sleep off than go a few 100 meters to get breakfast. I would rather keep my suite in the covers than take just an hour to find a dry cleaner and get it washed. So much so that I would rather keep my room dirty than to call the sweeper and get it cleaned once a week, at least. I know most of you are almost cringing at this introduction to my self. But, the list of proofs of my laziness go on and on. Sometimes, even I am surprised at the extents of my laziness, but again laziness gets the better of me and I postpone even the thought that I am lazy!!


I can understand that most of you would gladly categorize me as the lazy bum!! But my own careful thoughts on the above situations and many more gave another completely different thought process. Why would anyone like me whose named a great foodie, go without breakfast just because of laziness. I mean, after all, it is one of the basic necessities of life. Why would I go on to postpone writing blogs when I talk to myself on various topics in my head trying to look at it from various weird and implausible angles. (Like this topic of "Is it Laziness or something else?") The answer seemed very simple at the end though. I just don't care. And more importantly, I have customized my body, mind and soul to live through these things. This would, in essence, boil down to lack of interest and may be in some tougher tasks, to lack to PASSION!!


When I can sleep till 12 in the noon and then wait perfectly for another hour or so to eat lunch directly, why should I show interest and put in the effort to have breakfast? When I am not going to wear a suite for I-don't-know-when-in-the-future, why should I care to get it cleaned? When all I have to do is clean my feet when I feel really dirty, why should I go about sweeping my room? When I am content with talking to myself enthusiastically on all the topics in the world, where would the passion/interest come up to write this loooong a blog??!!


The most routine of advice I get on these reasons is that the effort is small and the result is great! But, who decides the extents of effort and result? Isn't it a subjective matter? Let me put down the same statements of my laziness illustrations in a different way. I am more interested in sleeping late on a weekend because I don't get that chance on weekdays. AND I can stay perfectly fine till lunch. Putting aside the fact that it is a very good HABIT to eat breakfast, won't you now agree that I am doing the right thing by sleeping late and having direct lunch? Similarly, instead of writing blogs such as these, I could actually do something about my travel plans and house search problems.


And when you don't have the interest, you slowly train yourself to live with the conditions. Later on, it goes to a point where you can't actually convince yourself that the outside advice even makes sense. MAY BE, the lack of interest is due to LAZINESS. But, in all probability, it is just because you DO NOT care about the repercussions. 

But, as with the world, CHANGE is the only one consistent thing. Slowly, you find that you are loosing the ability to stay up hungry so long; so much so that you can't even sleep!! Then, you start having breakfast. You see the fungi growing around the suite and if not the cost of the suite, you will get it cleaned at least to get rid of the smell!! In another case, you might grow interest in internal decorations, and at last start cleaning your room!!


All the above show that some change happens and it either forces you to change your interests or your inherent interests themselves change!! But, unless you CARE or are INTERESTED about the repercussions, or about the process itself, it is difficult to reason with yourself and perform those activities. The point I would like to drive home is that if we can understand someone who has taken up arts in these engg/medicine driven educational days because of his interests/passion, why can't we broaden our horizons and put the same thinking cap in the case of a toddler who poops in the living room? Why can't we understand that he is NOT interested nor is he passionate towards the repercussions like cleanliness, hygiene, and our image in front of others?


Though I guess we do understand the above two cases, and only not understand the disinterest of people like me towards the smaller things in our routine life!!


As for the change that made me start the blogs, my head was reeling too much with all the self talk! I realized I could go mad if I continue talking to myself! My conscience could provide only so much of perspective when compared to the whole world out there!!


...Oh!...and most importantly, my chinna mama (His blog site) had been requesting me, bribing me, pleading me, ordering me and almost killing me to start my own blog!!...So, Nasy mama, this one's for you!!

6 comments:

  1. U growing interest in internal decorations :O :O.....i refuse to believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of myself that I actually got you to DO something! :)
    Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I postpone even the thought that I am lazy!!" - This says it all

    Crazy of Being Lazy .. - A Hazy statement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally a blog, and a good one at that :)...

    Also @vibhore you wouldn't know what all has changed ;) :D...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rishi - aisa kya!!....in that case, we need to catch up soon and get to the root cause behind this :D

      Delete
  5. @Vibhore & Rishi: Not everything I write is about my life!! :)

    @Nasy mama: Don't patronize yourself too much!! :P

    @Prasanna: Always been a fan of your hazy but crazy alliterations!! ;)

    ReplyDelete